How do I order with Mark Of A?
There are two options either by ordering on the website by clicking on the desired product and then adding it to your cart and purchasing.
The second step is getting in touch with us via What’s app or by email and sending us a screenshot or an idea of what you have in mind then we send you a quote to create the specific item and once it is paid we create the item and then send it straight to your door.
Stamping – The answer is no:
We are unable to add stamping to both sides of a jewellery piece when personalising it with hand stamping. The process indents the Silver and therefore slightly raises the back of the jewellery item.
With Engraving – The answer is yes:
It allows for personalisation on both sides of an item due to the etching process. As this is done by a laser engraving machine which does not create an indent into the material and gives it a nice smooth finish.
If you are wondering if it’s real Gold, then the simple answer is yes, it is. In simple terms it’s a coating of 9 karat Gold placed onto or over our 925 Sterling Silver pieces as opposed to an item made from purely solid Gold.
It is important to note that plating is not permanent, and it will inevitably wear away. Underneath the plating is still high quality 925 Sterling Silver so the value of your jewellery piece is intact. If you are comfortable with plating and the knowledge that it will fade, then we recommend it as an option for you.
The lifespan of plating. It is different for each person and is impacted by the acidity or pH balance of your skin, exposure to perfumes or lotions and how items are stored. We do not recommend that you bath, swim, exercise or sleep wearing our jewellery pieces. Some customers experience fading after a very short period of time and others can have it last up to 12 months or longer.
Mark Of A offers a polishing service of items and re-plating of your jewellery. This is a service we quote on as the need arises.
Essentially, Stamped pieces are handmade and Engraved pieces are made by machine — but it’s worth delving in a little deeper to get a better understanding of which might be the right choice for your piece.
When your piece is Stamped, each letter is done one at a time — by hand — using special metal punches. It’s a traditional smithing technique that allows for each of our pieces to be truly one-of-a-kind.
Engraving, on the other hand, is done by machine. Engraved pieces turn out looking more flawless, but might not have the same unique character of our stamped pieces. What you prefer for your piece is really up to you!
No, you don’t have to sign up or create an account with Mark Of A in order to place an order. However, creating an account with Mark Of A is quick and easy and will allow you to move through our checkout process quicker. You can also store multiple shipping addresses, gain access to your order history and much more. Simply click “Create an account” during checkout and enter your password. Your account will automatically be added when placing your order.
You can simply reset your password by clicking “Lost your password” and we will send you a temporary one to your email address. Once you are logged in with your temporary password you can create a new password for your account.
Payment can be made via Visa, MasterCard (through PayFast) or by bank transfer / EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) into our Mark Of A bank account, the details of which will be provided during and after checkout.
Manufacturing and hand crafting of your order will begin processing once payment has been received and it has cleared. Payments can take up to two days to reflect.
We process orders and allocate payments once a day, therefore orders are not immediately allocated to manufacturing.
Standard Shipping Options: Due to COVID-19 deliveries may take longer than the information stated below.
Each order has a handcrafting time of 2 – 3 working days, which only begins once your payment has been reflected on our system. Orders are dispatched after this time. This timing may be subject to change without prior notice.
Central Areas, Residential & Business Addresses:
1 – 3 working days for shipping after manufacturing. Delivery times may vary.
Regional, Outlying Area / Rural, Farm / Gravel Rd Addresses:
3 – 5 working days for shipping after manufacturing. Delivery times may vary.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Regional, Outlying Areas may incur additional delivery charges which you will be notified about prior to your order being dispatched.
Mark Of A cannot be held responsible for any delays in delivery once your order has been dispatched and left us and is in the possession of our courier partner.
Mark Of A reserves the right to charge additional shipping costs if these occur for example at unsuccessful delivery or refused acceptance.
Manufacturing of your handcrafted order will begin once we have received your payment and it has been reflected. From the reflection of the payment to product dispatch this can take approximately up to 2 -3 weeks depending on what was ordered. Working days are Monday to Friday / standard business hours. Orders are then handed over to our courier partner. You will receive tracking details for your order via email.
Leading up to special occasions such as the festive season or Valentine’s Day this may be extended by additional working days due to the high volume of orders.
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS: Please note, that orders will not be processed, dispatched or delivered on public holidays. A public holiday will delay the delivery of your order by at least one day.
Mark Of A strives for excellence and in turn wants you to be happy with your purchase. Due to the nature of our business which is linked to personalisation, it is very important to be aware of our Standard Return Policy and matters related to exchanging items.
Manufacturing of order takes place 24 hr after payment has been recived If your order has begun manufacturing (“With Jeweller”) you are unable to cancel it and receive a full refund. A deduction of 10% will be charged for administrative costs. At this stage in the process we will require clear reasons as to why the order needs to be cancelled and refunded.
If your order has been dispatched, but not yet received you are unable to cancel it or receive a full refund. Communicate with us via email@example.com and we will establish how to assist you further.
In some instances, we will offer you a coupon to use on the Mark of A website as opposed to a refund. This will be to the full value of your order and not less 10% as per refunds. Coupons are valid for up to 12 months.
If you qualify for a refund it is done via EFT to your elected bank account. Refunds can take up to 5 – 10 working days to reflect. Refunds incur a deduction of 10% off the total order amount for administrative costs. Refunds are taken on case by case so please get in touch with us accordingly. Delivery charges of your original order will not be refunded where applicable.
- You have seven days once your order is delivered to communicate with us regarding any dissatisfaction. We advise our customers to please inspect their jewellery items upon receipt, prior to disposing of any packaging. Kindly inform us of any breakages or defects via firstname.lastname@example.org. However, prior to initiating communication please review the below information.
Receipt of Damaged Items:
- In the unlikely event that items are delivered damaged or with defects and there is no clear damage to the item from the courier company, you will be required to take photos of your items within 24 hours of receiving your goods. Photos are to be sent to email@example.com.
- Upon receipt of the details we will investigate the matter. Should it be found that the items were sent to you in the condition shown upon receipt or such damage occurred in transit, Mark Of A will replace the items that you have ordered. If the items are not reported as damaged / defective within 24 hours of receiving them, we will not be able to refund or exchange your order. You will be required to return the damaged items to us, upon which a new order will be sent to you. You will not be permitted to keep the damaged items.
- You will be required to state a clear reason for your request to return the item accompanied by a picture of your jewellery. Please communicate relevant information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist accordingly. Please don’t return items to us with no explanation or prior communication. Mark Of A reserves the right to refuse items that are returned without prior notice / discussion or in a condition that is deemed as unacceptable.
- Items have to be in their original condition, as when they were handed over to the respected courier / shipping service. However, the Mark Of A packaging does not need to be intact.
- Items that are not personalised or mentioned as not eligible for return (please see below) must be new, unworn and undamaged to be considered for exchange.
How to Return Items:
- When returning items please package your jewellery in a well-padded envelope or small box and send it via a reputable courier service (shipping insurance is not required but it is recommended). We suggest using our courier partner, we are able to quote you and arrange for collection.
- Mark Of A is not responsible for loss or damage during the return shipping process. The expense of returns will be covered by the customer. Jewellery must be couriered to our address which will be provided upon request.
Not Eligible for Return:
- Earrings (even if not personalised) are not eligible for return or exchange due to hygiene reasons.
- All Personalised Items: Please be aware that you cannot return personalised items that have been custom made to your specific requirements unless they are damaged during the delivery process (visual proof will be required) or Mark of A has made an error in the manufacturing process. Should that be the case we will review your query and investigate the matter further using our Quality Control information. Should Mark of A have incorrectly personalised your item we will remake the item to the correct specifications at no cost to you. This will not be grounds for a refund.
- Please note that any items ordered in the incorrect size / length or with spelling errors in the personalisation will incur a resizing / remake fee in conjunction with the relevant courier charges for the return and re-delivery of the item.
- It is important to ensure that you feel confident and clear on the sizing of the product you would like to order. If you order the incorrect size, we cannot be held liable. For ring sizing we highly recommend visiting your closest jewellery shop to clearly establish your ideal size and fit. You can also make use of our ring measurement and wrist measurement guidance located under the “Info” tab in our navigation bar. These are for guidance purposes only; you are required to use your own discretion. Mark Of A does not guarantee any sizing personally done by customers.
- If you made an error on your order’s personalisation or sizing and only realise it once your order has been delivered, feel free to get in touch with us as soon as you have placed your order. We can quote you for a remake or resize which is at a reduced fee in order to accommodate the changes. In this instance you will return the incorrect item to us and are liable for all courier fees associated with the return and re-delivery.
Incorrect Item Received:
- If you have received an item that is completely different to what you ordered it is necessary to contact us within 24 hours of receipt via email@example.com. We will guide you further and investigate what went wrong, whilst rectifying the matter. If the error is not reported to us, we are unable to assist you or replace the order.
- We offer a resizing service and the fee is calculated per product. Mark Of A doesn’t recommend getting your jewellery resized at an alternative jeweller. Should you wish to go ahead and make use of another service, we will not be held liable for the outcome. Please contact us and we can guide and assist you through the resizing process.
When placing your order ensure you have double checked all spelling, dates and sizing. Mark Of A will not be held liable for errors made on orders due to incorrect information being provided by customers.
If you have made an error related to your order’s personalisation or sizing and only realise it once your order has gone into manufacturing (status “With Jeweller”), please contact us immediately via email or telephonically. If your order is already partly manufactured changes could incur a charge due to us having to remake your jewellery to accommodate the updates.
Changes to your order can result in the manufacturing process being delayed. Our usual 1 – 3 working day turnaround time does not apply to orders that have to be altered or updated.
When changes are sent to us such as sizes or engraving updates the information is manually changed on the physical order sheet, you will therefore not see the change online.
If you have entered the incorrect delivery address, we are able to update it on our system. Address updates have to be emailed to us and need to include all the relevant information such as your order number, full address, the correct area and postcode. Once your order has been dispatched, we are unable to change the delivery address. Address changes can result in an increased delivery fee which we will quote you for.
If you have placed an order and left off or forgotten to request a personalised note, you can add one after order placement by emailing us. However, please be aware that it will incur a R19 administrative charge.
Mark Of A will not be held liable for orders delivered to the incorrect address due to errors in details such as the area or province.
Mark of A will offer to give you credit for the weight of gold that you have. We understand that your gold may be sentimental, therefore, your very gold can be used to make your item. We may need to add extra gold due to a 20% weight loss in manufacturing
Not a problem! Send us your ideas and the jewellery you would like to re design and We will evaluate your items and work out the best way to bring your dreams to life.
How do I get my gold/jewellery to Mark of A?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange our courier to collect your items
Yes, we do!
- We offer moissanites at very affordable prices
- Our moissanites have a lifetime warranty
- We have all shapes and sizes
- Colours range: DEF, GH, IJK
- As well as any other stones you would like